Thursday, December 15, 2005

Essential life skills

Last nite i learnt a new skill, it's called self-sleep. My mummy discovered it this morning when she woke up and was pleasantly surprised and very happy... hehe. Wat's self-sleep?? It's being able to put myself to sleep without my mummy holding me, rocking me, patting my backside, singing to me etc...

Actually wat happened was i woke up at 3.30am for my usual nite snack. After finishing my milk, my mummy tried to pat me to sleep but i refused to close my eyes... Then, my mummy put me onto the bed but i kept kicking in the air (new trick i learnt to irritate my mummy). My mummy told me to put my legs down and close my eyes but i refused to listen. Then my mummy said that it was at nite and not for playing but for sleeping, ask me to go back to sleep... But hor, to me it's all the same! Day or nite, any time is a good time to play as long as i felt like it! Heeheee.... My mummy tried many things to motivate me to go back to sleep.... lying beside me, giving me elmo, patting me.... all no use. Well, wat can i say.... i am not one to change my mind easily! :)
At 4.45am, my mummy gave up (cos she very sleepy liao), she stuffed my 'ni tu' (pacifier lar) into my mouth and told me 'If u dun wan to sleep, i go and sleep liao!'. After saying that, she went over to the other side of the bed and went to orh orh! Geeeee.... no patience....
In the morning, when she woke up, she found me sleeping peacefully beside her.... and so i have learnt a new skill... putting myself to sleep! Very important hor...

Now my mummy just waiting for me to learn another important skill..... self-entertainment! Heehee!

No comments: